Wednesday 1 June 2011

Three Bags Full and Ginger Boy all in a couple of days...

My first visit to Three Bags Full was a couple of weeks ago, on a wet and freezing Saturday morning and had to wait for about 15 minutes until a table was available.  Lucky there were only two of us as I think some of the larger groups waited for nearly an hour.  It was mayhem at the front door with everyone trying to squeeze in out of the rain...  Once we were seated, it was a fabulous experience and I've thought about the breakfast and incredible cookies there most days since!  I went back today for a coffee with my parents and it was lovely and calm - no wait for tables...  The coffee was excellent, and the choc chip, apricot and macadamia cookies tasted as amazing as I remembered.  Think I may be addicted to them...  Dad bought me a few extras to take home for the rest of the week - think he could tell I was a into them in a big way!   Now I just need the recipe...
It looks a little scone like in this photo...  It's not, but it is enormous!
 We all went to Ginger Boy for dinner last night (it's been a fantastic 24 hours of food) and loved it.  Really interesting dishes and flavours, excellent service and a great atmosphere.  We ordered five of the small shared plates and then two of the larger plates - it was plenty of food.  We even finished with the dessert tasting plate!  I'd definitely go back.

www.gingerboy.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment