Sunday 5 June 2011

The Collective and Prahran Market

I visited Prahran Market yesterday for the first time and loved it.  It was a lot smaller than I expected and quite similar to the set up at Camberwell Market, but there was plenty of beautiful food on offer!  It's purely a food market with delis, butchers, fish mongers, green grocers, flower stalls, nut and legume stalls, and even a great coffee stall with seating.  We bought a load of veggies and fruit, some beautiful fresh ham off the bone from the deli and this fantastic looking date ball.  It's made from a traditional Lebanese recipe that contains only dates and pistachios - the dates are mashed up into a paste and then rolled in the crushed nuts.  Apparently an excellent accompaniment to cheese (like a quince paste).  Very healthy and delicious!
We're just back from visiting the Collective Espresso & Kitchen for a coffee and I was hoping to sit down for a little snack but the place was packed...  I settled for a takeaway muffin with my takeaway chai latte instead - both were amazing as usual.  I'm not really into coffee at the moment (being pregnant I seem to have lost the taste for it), but my husband raves about their coffee.  It's our "local" and we love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment