Wednesday 15 August 2012

Charlie's favourite...Frittata

I kept hearing how babies love frittata as finger food but it has taken me until now to finally make one for Charlie.  He loved it.  I threw this together very quickly with the vegetables I had in the fridge.  You could use any vegetables you have available - fresh or frozen.

My very simple recipe (give or take a few rough measurements) -

4 eggs (as that's all I had)
A good slug of full cream milk
2 potatoes, chopped into fingers (easy for small fingers to hold)
1 sweet potato, chopped into small squares
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Crack eggs into a bowl, whisk them.
Add the milk.
Pour mixture into a lined square tin or dish.
Sprinkle vegetables evenly over the top and spread them out before topping with cheese.
Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes until golden on top - keep an eye on it.

This recipe is derived from the frittata recipe on another blog - http://retromummy.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/easiest-frittata-for-kids.html

The photo below is of the second one I made yesterday with potato, peas and broccoli.  Literally the only veggies I had available.  Charlie seems to like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment